X
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Indischer Hausgecko care - info needed

Greetings to DGHT Foren! Just registered, not without help of a German colleague
    I am looking for information about haltung, nahrung, terrarium setup, breeding stimulation etc etc of Indischer Hausgecko (H. flaviviridls). Expert recommendations would be highly appreciated.
    Also, a copy of a comprehensive article (if there is such) in any electronic format would be super. I am not reading German, but would find a way to translate it.

Vielen Dank

There is nothing special about these. A semi dry standard vertical setup of 30 g and up ist sufficient. Fake rockfaces for climbing, some crevices, a few branches and if you want some plants. That already is it.
    They are very hardy and easy to keep.
    The only thing is that intraspecies aggression can be quite high, so the bigger and more structured that tank the better if you want to keep a pair constanly together.
    For breeding it is helpful if not essential to provide a really cool and dry period in winter. Day temps around 20°C and night temps of 10° and less are best.

Hope that helps

Ingo

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbumPh...7&image_id=306
    Zuletzt geändert von Ingo; 06.11.2009, 19:58.
    Kober? Ach der mit den Viechern!

Kommentar

Danke Ingo! That helps a lot.

Few more questions, if possible:

1. Would 3-4 weeks of cooling period be sufficient?
      2. Would they need frequent misting afterwards to condition them for breeding?
      3. What temperature range would you recommend for general maintaining (i.e. off 'winter season')?
      4. What substrate mix is most suitable (also for egg laying)?

Gruß

Kommentar

Hi,

its some 20 years ago that I kept them. Thats why I did hesitate to answer first.
        I am not sure, if the cold winter is really essential. But mine only started breeding when I cooled down for 8 weeks. I never tried shorter.
        In summer you can keep them like any housegecko. But they seem to prefer really warm conditions. Humiditywise, they do not seem to care much.

Best

Ingo

Kommentar

Zitat von Ingo Beitrag anzeigen
          its some 20 years ago that I kept them. Thats why I did hesitate to answer first.
          No worries, Ingo. Based on the "available" information on internet, I don't think many people have kept this species at all

Thank you very much indeed.

P.S. Do they vocalize, by the way?

Kommentar

Yes, they are quite vocal but not very loud.

Best

Ingo

Kommentar

Ingo,
              Many thanks for the informative support!
              Danke

Kommentar

Lädt...
              X