X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• IRC Chat

Moin,

I am chatting a lot, idle a lot of time in some programmers corner in freenode.net and sometimes even in webchats.

I've created a channel called ##herpetology on irc.freenode.net and would like to invite anyone who likes chatting about reptiles and amphibians, their care and breeding.

Why Freenode.Net ?
    - Freenode is know as a scientific network.
    - Freenode does not require an ident server, so you dont need to reconfigure your firewall to use the network.
    - Most Linux distributions are configured that freenode is the default, because its the best place to ask for help for technical or scientific problems.
    - Common modern networks, like QuakeNet, did'nt fit from their theme and classical networks share the problem of fights for nicks and channels.

Why ##herpetology ?
    - Google resulted in half a dozen dead chats, hosted on webservers or isolated irc server. So I think there is a need for an open chat in an internation network.
    - Freenode distincts between users without a # e.g. kraehe, official project channels e.g. #emacs and inofficial about channels. Those are marked with a double ##, because they are not registered for the project called herpetology, but a chat about ##herpetology.

ciao,Michael

[[ggg]Editiert von kraehe am 04-06-2005 um 17:19 GMT[/ggg]]
Lädt...
X