X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Hello

Hello All,

Just wanted to say thanks for making an English forum.
    It is great to be part of such a knowledgable group!

Carl

Re: Hello

Dear Carl,

nice to see a first visitor that soon.
    It would be great if you inform your friends and other herpetophiles about this new opportunity to meet herpers from abroad.
    To get started, I think we need the help of all those which found their way to this forum to spread the news within the community.
    Since as far as I know, the DGHT does not advertise for its forums anywhere, we do need personal propaganda

Happy herping

Ingo

[[ggg]Editiert von Ingo am 29-10-2004 um 13:32 GMT[/ggg]]
    Kober? Ach der mit den Viechern!

Kommentar

Hi Carl,

you`re our first non german-speaking visitor. It`s great to hear that there`re some non german folks interested in contacting the DGHT community. Where`re you from, and what kind of herper you are?

best regards

Silvia
      Foren-Moderatoren-Team

Kommentar

Hello Ingo!

Yes I will tell others I know about the forum. I will make a post in some other forums.
        Some of the names from posts in other sections I recognize.

Carl

Kommentar

Hello Silvia!

I am from Pennsylvania, USA but I am currently in the process of becoming a Canadian citizen.
          I have been to the Hamm show a few times when I visited Germany in the past. Defineatly the best show there is!
          I am Chameleon keeper. I have been keeping Chameleons for about 10 years. I have been lucky enough to keep about 25 species. Even luckier to be able to breed or hatch about 20 species.

My other interests are Phelsuma and Insects. I have worked with many Phelsuma, mantids, and beetles (Lucanids mostly). I am not keeping any Phelsuma or insects other than food items anymore though.

Carl

Kommentar

Hi Carl,

i´ve read lots of your stuff at Chris Anderson´s "Chameleon E-zine" and know about your experience in breeding Furcifer minor.

Hope to see you in the future at the TERRARISTIKA in Hamm.

Marco (just another cham-addict)

[[ggg]Editiert von Bex° am 29-10-2004 um 15:50 GMT[/ggg]]

Kommentar

There we are! Thanks for finally fullfilling this long wish for an English
              herpers board inside the German Herpetologists boards. Its nice to comunicate in english - its almost like once at home - I was many years married to a South-African Lady, therefore familiar with english.

Kommentar

Hello,

my english is quite basic, but anyway I´m courious.
                What about the grammar and spelling? Same procedure as in the other boards, where the german control freaks are acting?

renitente regards
                Jutta

Kommentar

Hello

just thought id say hi, nice to have a new place to go. Im from Toronto, Canada.

Kommentar

Hello )

I'm from Norway. I used to keep Rhacodactylus and a few other species of geckoes but in my country herpetoculture is forbidden so I got caught for keeping illegal animals.
                    Thanks to the EUFORA, DGHT, FBH and several other organisations, my government agreed not to put my animals to death. In stead my animales were sent to my friends at the Oslo Reptile park.

Now I'm trying to make a difference in descisionmaking in my country.
                    Hopefully some herptiles will be legalised in Norway after 2006.
                    We're far behind the rest of Europe in knowledge and legislation but I hope we're making a slow recovery in the right direction.

oby

Kommentar

hello all, i live in luton,england. it is nice to be able to talk internationally although a bit scary as all admin stuff is in german!

Kommentar

Hello,
                        My name is Tony, I am from the UK, Harrogate, North Yorkshire to be exact.
                        I look forward to meeting new friends and fellow herpetologists.
                        I have been keeping reptiles for 11 years now and my collection consists of
                        1.2.20 boa constrictors
                        1.1.0 water pythons
                        1.1.0 corns snakes
                        0.2.0 Jungle carpet pythons
                        0.1.0 cali-king
                        1.0.0 black pine
                        0.1.0 western hognose
                        1.1.0 Plumed Basilisks
                        1.3.0 Leopard Geckos
                        0.1.0 Northern Blue tongue skink
                        0.1.0 Green Iguana

Sorry I'm not well versed on the latin names.

Hope to speak soon

Tony

Kommentar

ceiron

Do you happen to know Matthew Arnold? He is a snake and chameleon keeper from your area. I went to Madagascar with him last year.

Carl

[[ggg]Editiert von Carl Cattau am 30-10-2004 um 23:10 GMT[/ggg]]

Kommentar

i think i know who you are talking about, however mistake on my behalf is that there is three lutons in england, i believe matthew is in devon whereas i am in bedfordshire. correct me if i am wrong because if does live near me it would be cool to meet up with him.

Kommentar

Re: Re: Hello

renitenta schrieb:
                              Hello,

my english is quite basic, but anyway I´m courious.
                              What about the grammar and spelling? Same procedure as in the other boards, where the german control freaks are acting

renitente regards
                              Jutta
                              good point jutta
                              and nobody expect me to use capitals here right :-)
                              i speak 3 languedges, german, english and scottish.
                              what more do you want LOL
                              i c u found it ok ceiron
                              i'm in corby northants by the way and originally from a small town near dusseldorf

[[ggg]Editiert von ulibaloo am 30-10-2004 um 01:29 GMT[/ggg]]

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X