X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• New babies and eggs

Hi All,

I just wanted to share that I have finally hatched Rhampholian nchisiensis. I have 4 babies. 4 babies did not make it from the egg after sweating.

Also good news is my R. uluguruensis have now laid eggs. This first clutch is 8 eggs.

Soon hopefully the other nchisiensis and uluguruensis will lay. They look like little suasage's!

What is the status of these 2 species in Europe? Are many people keeping them?

Carl

Re: New babies and eggs

Hello,
    are you talking about Rampholeon? I guess it should be
    Rhampholeon nchisiensis & Rhampholeon uluguruensis.
    Other typing errors are not so important, but species' names need to be correctly spelled, else people do not find the relvant postings.
    Good luck with the sausages
    Arnd
    Derzeit: Lampropeltis, Rhadinophis und Elaphe

Kommentar

Hi Carl,

congrats to your babies. As far as i know there are just a few keepers of the Genus Rampholeon in Germany. I don´t know anyone who´s keeping the species that you mentionend in your post. Rampholeon needs no Cites-Paperwork. I think the only exception may be guilty for R.spinosum (former known as Bradypodion spinosum).

Otherwise the user Katharina H. has been succesful in breeding R.brevicaudatus. The babies hatched in the cage, if you like to read about it: Hit me for the German Text

Marco

[[ggg]Editiert von Bex° am 01-11-2004 um 10:49 GMT[/ggg]]

Kommentar

Hi Bex,

R. brevicaudatus is another I hatched early in the year. We have 3 sub adult babies and one younger baby at the moment. These are hatched by a few keepers in the states. Captive born babies can often be bought from the importers.

We get many species imported so you can find lots of Rhampholeon keepers in the states.

Carl

Kommentar

Hi Carl,

nice to hear that three more babies hatched! I know three more keepers of nchiensis and ulugurensis in Germany/Switzerland. For these I asked for your conditions.

Nicola
          seit über 16 Jahren der Herpetologie verfallen (mehr darfs ja nicht sein, wenn man erst 17 ist )

Kommentar

Hi Nicola,

Today is not sucha good day. 2 babies from nchisiensis died. These babies did not look as good as the 2 others when they hathced.

Now I really have to hope for future hatching. The 2 babies living are males.

Carl

Kommentar

Hi Carl,

nice to see somebody else keeping and breeding Rhampholeon nchisiensis. Congrats to your babies. How long was the incubation and temperatures respectively? The temperatures of my R. nchisiensis cluth is approximately 20° C (68°F) in the daytime, 18° C (64,5°F) at night.

Thomas

Kommentar

Hello Thomas,

Since my eggs are just in the closet I can say that during the day approx. 70f-72f and at night it dropped to the upper 60's.

Hatching time was just over 2 month's.

My next clutch is incubating at slightly warmer daytime temps about 74f and night time is about upper 60f's. I am curious to see the results.

At this point I only have one baby living. 2 died with in a couple of days. One other died about a week later. The last living baby is doing great. He is feeding on springtails.

Carl

Kommentar

Hello Carl,

I have hatched my Rhampholeon nchisiensis! The finally incubation time was 14 weeks. Thanks for your breeding information again.
                  What about your last baby, is he still alive?

Thomas

Kommentar

Hello Thomas,

Congratulations on the babies! How many babies?

Unfortunately the last baby died. The only thing I can think of was the room temperature got really warm for a week.
                    We have more eggs so hopefully we can do better next time.

Kommentar

Hello Carl,

only two babies, 0.8 inches (2 cm) in total length. I hope my pregnant female will lay a further clutch.

Kommentar

Hi Thomas,

Yes I hope you get more eggs. Our last female is gravid again also so we are hoping!

We just had fisheri multituberculatum hatch so they are keeping us busy.

Carl

Kommentar

Lädt...
                        X