X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• tortoises - turtles - terrapins

Hi there,

is there anyone keeping tortoises - turtles - terrapins there as well?
    Nice to hear from you :-)

I am always eager to talk about our shelled friends:-)

Marion
    Gruß

Marion

Re: tortoises - turtles - terrapins

Hi Marion,

I work with and keep turtles. My research is taxonomic, having described 4 species now, about to submit a 5th.

I have kept about 30 species of Chelonian over the years and currently have Macrochelodina burrungandjii, M. rugosa, Emydura macquarii emmotti, Chelodina longicollis.

Cheers, Scott

Kommentar

Re: Re: tortoises - turtles - terrapins

Hi Scott,

welcome here! There are quite a lot of people here who are interested in your work, including me...

> ... having described 4 species now, about to submit a 5th.

What genus, where from? Or ist it still a secret? Please keep us informed!

Best wishes across the globe
      Beate
      Früher unter "Beate" hier in den Foren aktiv. Halte und züchte verschiedene Schildkröten und bin seit Gründung Mitglied der AG Schildkröten. Lieblings- Spitzname "Bücherwurm".

Kommentar

Hi Beate,

no its not a secret one. The Elseya from south eastern Queensland that in the electrophoretic papers of Georges et al was always referred to as Elseya sp. aff. dentata (Burnett).

But I will not say what I intend to call it till its published. It will be submitted to CCB in the next week.

Cheers, Scott
        Scott Thomson
        http://www.carettochelys.com

Kommentar

Re: Re: tortoises - turtles - terrapins

Hi Scott,

> It will be submitted to CCB in the next week.

Then let's hope that there will be not so much delay in publishing that issue of the CCB!

By the way: Thank you for mentioning your web page here. It has been a good source of information to me and I hope that there will be more readers from here on it.

All the best
          Beate
          Früher unter "Beate" hier in den Foren aktiv. Halte und züchte verschiedene Schildkröten und bin seit Gründung Mitglied der AG Schildkröten. Lieblings- Spitzname "Bücherwurm".

Kommentar

Hi,

yes we are hopeful it will get through the review process reasonable quickly. But that is out of our hands.

By the way, if anyone wants reprints of any of my papers just message me, some I have run out of, sorry, but I will send what I have.

Cheers, Scott

Scott Thomson
            http://www.carettochelys.com

Kommentar

Hi Scott!

You are specially welcome - probably the first Australian to join this discusion board.

This counts as flowers: * * * * * * *
              / + / + / + /

Kommentar

Thankyou for the welcome..

here you all go nice picture for you, well half nice because my ugly head is in it too..

But:::

http://www.carettochelys.com/elseya/images/burnett_elseya.jpg

Elseya sp. from the Burnett River, Queensland, Australia.

Cheers, Scott

[[ggg]Editiert von Fachmoderator am 19-11-2004 um 06:02 GMT[/ggg]]

Kommentar

Lädt...
                X