X
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Travel to the US with turtles

Hello everyone. I have a question about transport.
    I have two three-toed box turtles. I live in Germany right now, but am moving to the US next month. Does anyone have any experience traveling with these animals?
    I've already contacted the US FWS. From that end, everything is fine. I do however need to get export papers here in Germany because this species is on the CITES list. Any tips on this?
    Also, as an aside, I save about 500 dollars if I take the turtles with me in the cabin instead of putting them in the cargo hold, but no airline allows reptiles in the cabin. Does anyone know any way around this?
    Thanks!
    Lizz

Hi Lizz,

concerning the export permits, please apply for these at www.bna.de
    (Cites-Authority)

Sorry, but I cant help with tips regarding the cabin / cargo thing.

Good luck and travel safely

Kommentar

Zitat von palustris Beitrag anzeigen
      please apply for these at www.bna.de
      Close, but this link should work better

Cheers!
      Chris
      Immer interessiert an Reptilien des südlichen Afrikas und entsprechender Literatur.

http://www.gekkotaxa.org
      http://www.pachydactylus.com

Kommentar

Hi,

you had to look for a special enterprise which is specialized on animaltransportation. You could definitly not put them in cabin with you, that's impossible.
        You should get cites papers from the person who breeded or sold the turtels. It isn't easy to get the papers without everything and it isn't in the sense of cites to give you just a permit to export them.
        Maybe the guys here can help you better than we do

Regards
        Benny
        Q>Q!

diverse arboreale Reptilien

Kommentar

Thanks for the help! I'll look into these sites and post an update when I figure it all out!

Kommentar

Best would be give it to someone in Germany and get new ones in the US.

In Germany they are quite high-priced. In the US they are easily available.

I am not considering eventual emotional binding.

Best Regards

Uwe

Kommentar

Lädt...
            X